Full nature immersion will give you the perfect opportunity to fully connect with nature and release the stress of urban life through an immersive experience that will take you through the heart of the mountain, paved by centuries of history and tradition. Climbing, hiking, exploration and fun will become second nature during a week you will never forget!
Scheduled by individual request
☑ Accommodation (hotel 3*/traditional guest house)
☑ 6 x breakfast
☑ 7 x dinner
☑ 7 x lunch/ lunch box
☑ Transportation within the tour
☑ Airport transfer
☑ Professional English-speaking
☑ Activities highlighted in the itinerary
☑ Rock Climbing gear
☑ Rock Climbing basic course with English speaking instructor
☑ Snowboarding basic course with
☑ Uncharted Team group leader that will assist
you throughout the tour (English speaking)
☑ Entry fees to the objectives within the tour
☑ This adventure is a package deal; therefore,
it provides you with coverage from
Travel Guarantee Fund
(Rejsegarantifonden) – see your benefits
☑ Cancellation – more details
☐ Transportation to the starting
point of the tour, Cluj-Napoca t/r
*what package includes: ☑/ *what package does not include: ☐
• Your adventure is going to be unique. Hence you won’t be just “another brick in the wall” when it comes to travelling
• It was designed for individual travellers, group of friends or co-workers as well as families
• This tour provides a wide variety of mountain activities that can be performed, all to ensure that you, the adventurer, are able to explore the nature beauty from all angles (rock climbing, hiking, off-road 4x4)
• It is the ideal opportunity to experience an active trip if you have not done it before. The routes and activities are designed to make you enjoy adventure while at the same time not totally consume your energy
• Ideal break from the daily routine
• The travellers have the chance to discover and visit the city in a new way, by engaging themselves in an interactive game of treasure-hunt
• It is suitable for a different variety of interests such as sports, sightseeing, gastronomy, culture, traditions
• You have the opportunity to get free rock climbing lessons with professional English speaking instructor
• This adventure will fully immerse you into the natural beauty of Transylvania and the culture it represents
• The most important things you have to bring along are mountain boots, rain jacket and good vibes. All the rest such as gear for different activities will be provided either by us or our partners.
• High emphasis on sustainable travelling
• A minimum level of fitness is required as the hiking tour and rock climbing involve a fair amount of physical exercise
• Temperatures in the spring – autumn interval can vary from ca. 15°C up to 35°C so make sure that apart from rain jackets and warm clothes you also bring sunscreen cream
• Even though the tour is suitable for families, some of the activities are not recommended for children bellow 16
• The tour focuses on more than just one activity, therefore the time is divided in such way that all activities can be performed
• The rock climbing spots have routes suitable for all levels. Therefore, no matter if you are an adventurer who tries climbing for the first time, or a professional in this activity the spots are ready to fit your demands and exceed your expectations
Welcometo the mysterious Transylvania. Kick off your adventure with your group leader who is going to wait for you at the starting point of the tour, Cluj Napoca Airport. The adventure will start with a visit to the biggest and oldest salt mine in Romania, 108m underground, dating from 1271. After the tour of the mine, you are going to head towards the accommodation in the city of Sibiu.
Once at the accommodation, all participants will be greeted with a traditional meal and the rest of the evening will be dedicated to resting and getting to know each other.
The second day will start by heading towards the Carpathian Mountains, more precisely the Bucegi Mountains Sector. We will start with an easy hike towards the 7 Ladders Canyon, followed by traversing the canyon in a unique style. The hike will end in a picnic on the top of the canyon, after which we will return to the van and visit the saxon city of Brasov. Everyone will get the chance to explore the city at their own pace or try out an interactive treasure hunt around the historical town.
The day will end with dinner at the accommodation and some quality group time involving games and of course traditional beverages.
The third day will start with a 4x4 off-road tour, which will take the participants through the Cindrel mountains on various difficulty tracks, making for a great experience. Along the way, we will stop for a cosy picnic in a breath-taking view spot. Make sure your phones and photo cameras are fully charged to take proper advantage of the amazing landscapes.
Upon return to the accommodation, we will build a campfire together and enjoy more traditional delights from various regions.
On the fourth day we all go to the Cisnadioara Valley, where everyone will have a chance to experience rock climbing. The programme will start with a short presentation of safety measures alongside basic techniques explained and exemplified by trained and experienced climbers. Afterwards, everyone can have fun on the rocky wall, while enjoying the breath-taking views of the forest lying beneath. Lunch will be taken at a traditional restaurant with strong saxon influences, followed by a relaxing stroll in the past through the Astra Museum.
For those who still have some energy, a pub crawl will be organized for a proper day end.
The first half of the fifth day will focus on experiencing the historical city of Sibiu in a fun and interactive way. A treasure hunt will be organized, where the participants will discover the historical city centre of the 2007 European Capital of Culture by following a set of clues. The afternoon will be a new kind of forest experience, as the participants will move from tree to tree, above the ground, in the famous adventurepark, Arka Park.
Last day is dedicated for your free time, where you have the flexibility to do whatever you will feel like. From skiing and snowboarding to a nice walk in the town or in the shopping mall for souvenirs, or even trying out then new places around the town. In the afternoon we will say goodbye to Sibiu, and head towards Cluj-Napoca where again you have the night free to explore the city, of course with the guidance and advices of your group leader.
On the final day we will be travelling towards Cluj Napoca, with one stop along the way to visit the Turzii Canyon. We will traverse the canyon together in a relaxing hike. In Cluj Napoca, the day will end with accommodation at the guesthouse and a free afternoon to enjoy wonders the of the lively city.
*For more details and insights of the tours, please check the Essential Information page.